Tuesday 3 February 2015

INTRICACIES OF LOVE 2

               My friend and I sat outside our house gisting, when out of the blue a tall, dark and handsome guy was walking past us. You know, the kind of guy we read about in romance novels and dream about.

We gaped at him wondering which planet he came from. I told my friend I was going to talk to him and get his contact. I wasnt letting this opportunity slip away. She just continued staring and blushing.

Well, I took courage and stepped forward. "Hi"

"Hello" ,he replied.

"My name is Monisola, this is Esther my friend".

"My name is Chima"

I stretched forth my hand, "Its nice meeting you".

He shook my hand, staring not at me but at my blushing friend. "Pleasure is mine"

I knew that instant where his interest lies. All the same I still got his contact. Of course I gave it to my friend. They are both good together now.

The point behind my story? Always know when to let go when your feelings are not reciprocated. Don't hold on, thinking it will get better. No! It will only get you heartbroken and hurt. You deserve better.

Furthermore, never frustrate someone's feelings. You don't love him/her? Then set them free. Don't dip a knife in their heart and continue to twist it. A firm but polite refusal will do. Move on and allow them the same luxury.

Let me know what you think.

 

Humbly submitted

Monisola Tairu

#MonnieWrites

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm interesting, this act must be an act that you have worked on and mastered, humanly speaking, its difficult for one to easily let go of what ones heart so much desire, just for the fun of giving it away to a friend. but then like you rightly said, it is the best thing to do , once you sense that the feeling is not reciprocal. at the same time, i will say there is no harm in pressing further at least to be totally convinced that , it will not be reciprocal. Nice write up really. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the structure of this article. You are doing a great job with this blog. Keep sharing quality content, be consistent and the sky will be your starting point.

    ReplyDelete